By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
In no event shall Steam Customizer or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Steam Customizer's Internet site, even if Steam Customizer or a Steam Customizer authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
The materials appearing on Steam Customizer's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Steam Customizer does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Steam Customizer may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Steam Customizer does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Steam Customizer has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Steam Customizer of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Any claim relating to Steam Customizer's web site shall be governed by the laws of the European Union without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
This site is not affiliated with Valve, Steam, or any of their partners. All copyrights reserved to their respective owners.
SteamCustomizer.com/Steam Customizer does not claim ownership of the Content you place on your SteamCustomizer.com profile. Steam Customizer may quote, redistribute or reproduce in whole or part of your Content (if you have made it public) in order to promote your submissions on the site and/or the the partner sites, but only on a fair-use-type basis. By using this site, you agree to the following:
Please report any violations of the TOS to us at [email protected]
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Who we are?
SteamCustomizer.com is a service providing a tool to change the appearance of Steam. It is not a data-centric entity and we collect as little data about our users as possible. The only data we collect is instrumental to the site’s core functionality – such as user accounts, skins database, ratings system and subscription status.
What information do we collect?
The following information is being collected:
• When you login with your Steam Account on SteamCustomizer.com, your profile details are mirrored to create an account here.
• These profile details are provided by Steam’s OAuth and include only your account ID, Username, Tagline and Profile Picture (information such as email, passwords, profile details are not transferred and not available).
• When you create skins and submit them, they are also stored on our servers unless you delete them
• Star ratings and subscription status is stored on our servers
• Statistics may be collected using Google Analytics with respect to GDPR laws
How do we use personal information?
• Identification of your unique user profile and the skins made by you
• Account set up and administration
• Usage statistics and demographics
• Providing software as a service
When do we share personal data?
We do not share your data with 3rd parties directly. The content of the website is indexed automatically by Google Analytics for:
• Usage Statistics and Demographics
Where do we store and process personal data?
Your account on SteamCustomizer.com, your skins, ratings and subscription status exist in a database in New York City, on a server managed by Digital Ocean.
How do we secure personal data?
The following security measures are taken to ensure the safety and integrity of your data:
• Encrypted Backups to prevent data loss
• Secure credentials to prevent unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure
• Encryption to restrict access to personal information
• End to end HTTPS encryption
• Measures to conduct privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law
• Staff training on digital security
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Your data is stored on our servers for no longer than necessary. As you publish skins, they will reside on the site for as long as you desire them to be online and / or for as long as this service operates.
Upon deletion of your skins or your account (termination of the account also deletes your skins), the information is removed from the server.
Your rights in relation to personal data
• Through your account, you can see what information you’ve submitted, including your skins and ratings
• You may delete your account and all its associated data
• You may use most of the site’s features without submitting any personal data
• You may contact us for a list of all information we have on your account
Use of automated decision-making and profiling
Certain features of this site preclude moderation of content. Your skins may be deleted if they are determined to violate our Terms of Service. Moderation is discretionary.
How to contact us?
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, your personal information, or if you wish to file a complaint, please contact us at:
Linking to other websites / third party content
The SteamCustomizer.com homepage contains links to partner websites. We do not endorse the products, services and/or views and opinions of our partners