TL;DR, the good bits: By using this site you agree not to do anything illegal, the service and the App are provided 'as is' without warranties of any kind.
GDPR TL;DR: We don't store a lot of data, and we don't use it for anything other than providing your user account. You control your data and can delete everything.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Blumont Interactive's web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Blumont Interactive's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Blumont Interactive at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The use of Steam OpenID is strictly for saving and sharing Steam Skins. The only personal information we collect is your Steam Profile ID. Some services may not be available for you if you are not logged in through the Steam OpenID Service. Logging in is handled through Valve servers and we do not store any information related to your Steam account.
The materials on Blumont Interactive's web site are provided "as is". Blumont Interactive makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Blumont Interactive does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Blumont Interactive or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Blumont Interactive's Internet site, even if Blumont Interactive or a Blumont Interactive authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Blumont Interactive's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Blumont Interactive does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Blumont Interactive may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Blumont Interactive does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Blumont Interactive has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Blumont Interactive of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Blumont Interactive's web site shall be governed by the laws of the European Union without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. No affiliation with Valve / Steam
This site is not affiliated with Valve, Steam, or any of their partners. All copyrights reserved to their respective owners.
10. Content submitted by Users
SteamCustomizer.com/Blumont Interactive does not claim ownership of the Content you place on your SteamCustomizer.com profile. Blumont Interactive may quote, redistribute or reproduce in whole or part of your Content (if you have made it public) in order to promote your submissions on the site and/or the the partner sites, but only on a fair-use-type basis. By using this site, you agree to the following:
- All Content uploaded onto this site must be original material created by you. By uploading any Content to this site, contributors are automatically assumed to be the creator and owner of the Content. You may not upload Content created by another person or taken from another source such as another website, etc, without express written permission from copyright owner. Copyright violation could result in account cancellation and in possible criminal prosecution.
- By uploading content, you agree to accept the responsibility of supporting your upload. Blumont Interactive, under no circumstances, will not be responsible for the support of your upload, nor will Blumont Interactive provide support for any upload not produced directly by Blumont Interactive.
- By uploading Content, you give permission to Blumont Interactive to sell the Content via SteamCustomizer.com as long as the payment terms are not modified without prior consent.
- If you upload malicious, inappropriate material repeatedly, your account will be cancelled without notice. By uploading to the site you also acknowledge that the site administrators reserve the right to reject any of your upload at any time if they feel that they are inappropriate for the site in any way.
- Blumont Interactive reserves the right to reject submissions for quality, completeness or other reasons deemed by the moderators. Blumont Interactive reserves the right to negotiate price set on individual uploads and may reject submission if Blumont Interactive feels that the price is inappropriate. All uploads will be moderated and approved prior to being made public.
Please report any violations of the TOS to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Who we are?
SteamCustomizer.com is a service providing a tool to change the appearance of Steam. It is not a data-centric entity and we collect as little data about our users as possible. The only data we collect is instrumental to the site’s core functionality – such as user accounts, skins database, ratings system and subscription status.
What information do we collect?
The following information is being collected:
• When you login with your Steam Account on SteamCustomizer.com, your profile details are mirrored to create an account here.
• These profile details are provided by Steam’s OAuth and include only your account ID, Username, Tagline and Profile Picture (information such as email, passwords, profile details are not transferred and not available).
• When you create skins and submit them, they are also stored on our servers unless you delete them
• Star ratings and subscription status is stored on our servers
• Statistics may be collected using Google Analytics with respect to GDPR laws
How do we use personal information?
• Identification of your unique user profile and the skins made by you
• Account set up and administration
• Usage statistics and demographics
• Providing software as a service
When do we share personal data?
We do not share your data with 3rd parties directly. The content of the website is indexed automatically by Google Analytics for:
• Usage Statistics and Demographics
Where do we store and process personal data?
Your account on SteamCustomizer.com, your skins, ratings and subscription status exist in a database in New York City, on a server managed by Digital Ocean.
How do we secure personal data?
The following security measures are taken to ensure the safety and integrity of your data:
• Encrypted Backups to prevent data loss
• Secure credentials to prevent unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure
• Encryption to restrict access to personal information
• End to end HTTPS encryption
• Measures to conduct privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law
• Staff training on digital security
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Your data is stored on our servers for no longer than necessary. As you publish skins, they will reside on the site for as long as you desire them to be online and / or for as long as this service operates.
Upon deletion of your skins or your account (termination of the account also deletes your skins), the information is removed from the server.
Your rights in relation to personal data
• Through your account, you can see what information you’ve submitted, including your skins and ratings
• You may delete your account and all its associated data
• You may use most of the site’s features without submitting any personal data
• You may contact us for a list of all information we have on your account
Use of automated decision-making and profiling
Certain features of this site preclude moderation of content. Your skins may be deleted if they are determined to violate our Terms of Service. Moderation is discretionary.
How to contact us?
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, your personal information, or if you wish to file a complaint, please contact us at:
Linking to other websites / third party content
The SteamCustomizer.com homepage contains links to partner websites. We do not endorse the products, services and/or views and opinions of our partners